Please note that launch and recovery fees are applicable for the use of harbour slipways.
In the first instance, please report to the Harbour Office Reception for further instructions.
Before Launching a Vessel
- Check weather and tidal conditions.
- Assess the risks such as slips, trips, and falls etc.
- Be aware of other users of the slipway.
- Attach a safety line to your trailer.
- Check any bungs are in place.
- Never stand behind a boat whilst it is being launched or recovered.
- Check the trailer and boat are safely secured.
Launching a Vessel
- Know where the end of the slipway is located.
- Be aware of people around you.
- Tie your boat up securely.
- Remove your car and trailer promptly.
- Leave the slipway as you found it.
- BEWARE – slipways can be dangerous!