Slipway Safety TIPS
Using the Slipway Safely
- BEFORE launching and retrieving your boat always check what the tide and weather conditions are.
- The main slipway in Yarmouth has a VERTICAL DROP at the end of it; this is marked by an ORANGE MARKER BUOY and a BLUE SIGN on the quay wall. Please be aware of this VERTICAL DROP at all times (especially before launching and retrieving your boat).
- BEWARE of other people using the slipway before making your way onto it.
- BEFORE reversing your car and trailer onto the slipway please make sure you have a safety line attached to your trailer.
- The slipway can be SLIPPERY AT ANY TIME, so please be aware of this.
- Leave your car IN GEAR when turning your engine off.
- Make sure that the BUNG is in the back of your boat before launching; NO BUNG WILL RESULT IN SINKING.
- DON'T FORGET to tie your boat up safely whilst clearing the slipway.
- DO NOT leave your car and trailer unattended at any time.
- Remember to leave the slipway as you found it, keeping it safe for other slipway users.
- Leave the slipway as safely and as quickly as possible.