Photo by Visit Isle of Wight
Quiet country lanes and scenic off-road routes make Yarmouth and West Wight the ideal destination for a cycling holiday.
Visit Isle of Wight has awarded Yarmouth Harbour a ‘Cyclists Welcome – Wheel of Approval’ in recognition of our cycle friendly facilities at Yarmouth Harbour Office:
► Hire bikes from Wight Cycle Hire
► Buy coffee, snacks and drinks, ice cream,
cycle maps and walking guides, gifts and souvenirs
► Relax on our comfortable seating in the warm
► Top up your water bottles for free
► Use our launderette (incl. drier and iron)
► Free Wi-Fi, charging points and work stations
► Tourist Information Point
With over 200 miles of cycle routes on the Isle of Wight there are routes to suit everyone, including a choice of challenging off-road bridleways, peaceful byways and level purpose-made tracks on former railway lines.
If you haven’t got your own bicycle, it’s easy to hire one from Wight Cycle Hire with our Yarmouth Harbour discount, which includes collection and return at the Harbour Office.
As with all cycling, always follow the Highway Code and take care at road junctions.
- Follow the Highway Code.
- Be seen! Wear a white or yellow top, consider reflective clothing and helmet.
- Don’t stop to look at the map on bends or at junctions – find somewhere off the road.
- Follow the Country Code – especially remember to shut all gates.
- Please be considerate, slow down and give way to pedestrians and horse-riders.
- Let other users know in good time when approaching from behind – fit a bell and use it.
- Take a map, waterproofs, pump, repair kit, drink etc.
- Cycling is permitted on bridleways and byways, not on footpaths – familiarise yourself with the signs.